Monday, April 25, 2005

Guinea Pigs

I have discovered one of the best pets for kids ever. Guinea Pigs.
Last November I got my son a Guinea Pig for his 4th birthday. Now I got this critter fully knowing that I would be the one to take care of it, and he just gets to pet it and enjoy the sheer joy of having the pet. That has got to change....he'd better start growing up, and fast...because these little poop and pee factories stink.

Don't get me wrong great pet still for kids...they are extremely gentle and they are cute and cuddly. Especially if you get the long hair guinea pigs like we have.

They are okay but all they do is eat, digest and excrete (at least to the adult that has to clean the cage).

By the way my big mistake was doing research on the internet about these guys (after I purchased one). Yeah, I found out they are social animals and require a friend in the cage. So, I had to go and buy a second one. What that means is 2 happy guinea pigs, one happy little boy, 2x the amount of waste products.

Okay their cage is clean for now. And we have fresh fertilizer applied to the neighbor's flower bed. Now time to take a shower.

Tomorrow I have to clean my 2 aquariums.

No comments:

Post a Comment