Sunday, May 01, 2005

Pizza

Okay, well I said that I would write up something about Monical's Pizza.
First of all I would like to say. Most areas that have a local pizza joint will say they have the best.
And I will agree. I haven't really had a chain restaurant style pizza that I've really liked.

But before you yell at me. First realize that pizza is pizza and there is no bad pizza.

You can't say that about any other food.

Wait I take that back. In Tulsa, Ok, I've had a chain pizza that is good and that's Ken's Pizza. But I guess that's a local chain so it still fits in with my local idea. There is another but I haven't even heard of it since I was 10 years old and that's Shakey's Pizza. I don't think it is even still around.

So in Tulsa, there's Ken's Pizza. In Lawrenceville, IL and Vincennes, IN there's Bobe's Pizza (different stores same family), In Robinson, IL there's Monical's and Joe's (lucky to have 2 in town). In Kansas City, MO there's Pyramid pizza. In Liberty, MO there's a deep dish place called Ol' Chicago, I believe. In Olathe, KS there's the Pizza Man...great pizza and a great dessert called Kansas City Mud. Now for the best in the world in Carbondale, IL there is Quatro's Pizza. They are awesome... I always would order extra garlic and extra cheese. Oh man that brings back some memories of teasing my taste butds. Are there any others? Feel free to Comment on your own.

So you see...the chains fill that pizza need but for great quality there's the locals.

One of these days I'm heading to St. Louis and try that one I saw on the food channel where if you eat like this 5 lb. pizza it's yours free....I can't remember the name but it looked good.

So what do you have to say?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:07 AM

    Wasn't Shakey's taken over by Chuck E. Cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:05 PM

    Shakey's Pizza is the best Pizza ..they are still arond in Los Angeles..

    ReplyDelete